CHBG Inaugural club meeting at Fischman's

Post about homebrew Or beer events here.

CHBG Inaugural club meeting at Fischman's

Postby bmason1623 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:33 pm

BBBF and I have been in discussion with Fischman's on them hosting a montly meeting in their adjacent meeting room. They have not only agreed to host us every third Wednesday of the month but are even offering to help promote it. They are are aware that we are spread all over the place and are not sure what kind of turnout we will get. But i am hopeful that we can get at least 10-20 people every month.

Why Fischman's you may be wondering? Well, for a myriad of reasons. They are located in Chicago which I thought was important considering we are the Chicago Home Brewers Group. They are very supportive of both the craft brewers as well as home brewers in the Chicago area. They also have a great beer selection both in their bar and their packaged goods store. They also have a nice room that is adjacent to the bar that they have agreed for us to use. They will allow us to bring our own home brew to share; this was important obviously. They are also close to public transportation (the Jefferson Park blue line is a block away) and close to the Kennedy (about a mile away). They can probably call in the food trucks for us too.

Now I realize that not everyone will be happy with the location. You just can't make everyone happy all of the time. Period. So the aforementioned reasons on why we chose Fischman's comes into play. All I ask is that you give it a chance and try to make our inaugural meeting. If I can make it to Addison, Brookfield or Evanston then surely some of you can make it in to the city. besides, the city is just much cooler than the burbs. :mrgreen:

I am thinking that we should make the first meeting (remember, the third Wednesday of the month) in March since this month is such short notice. Please discuss.
bmason1623
Site Admin

Re: CHBG Inaugural club meeting at Fischman's

Postby BBBF » Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:40 am

Jefferson Park has both Metra and the Blue Line. Fischman's had a good showing for their homebrew night, so I am glad to hear they will help promote. I bet we get some new members.
Last edited by BBBF on Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
BBBF

Postby forstmeister » Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:41 am

Wait. Are you saying there are people who don't like Fischmans? That's absurd! It's like a dive bar with amazing beer on tap. I will do my best to make it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
forstmeister

Postby Wagz » Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:53 am

Bill Let's try for next week why wait...
Wagz

Postby bmason1623 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:02 am

I'm OK with next Wednesday. What about others?
bmason1623
Site Admin

Postby dbrewski » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:41 am

I haven't been there before but the location works for me.
dbrewski

Postby Mark G » Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:09 am

Next Wednesday is out for me, but I will definitely try to make it in March. The location is great. And this is coming from someone way the fuck out in the boonies.
Mark G

Postby gothic_horror » Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:28 am

Count me in!
gothic_horror

Postby bmason1623 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:07 am

OK. Maybe we can make this Wednesday the first meeting. I'll also post an event on the Facebook page.
bmason1623
Site Admin

Postby BBBF » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:28 pm

There is really no time to advertise and get new members to show up next week, but that could be a good thing. We could use the first meeting to discuss how we want future meetings to be run.
BBBF

Next

Return to Events and Gatherings