Midwest Brew Fest - Aug 23rd 2014 - Plainfield IL

Post about homebrew Or beer events here.

Midwest Brew Fest - Aug 23rd 2014 - Plainfield IL

Postby Wagz » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:04 pm

CHBG was invited back to pour at the Midwest brew fest this year.
it is Saturday Aug 23rd.
Of the beer festivals this one has the most rules and is very strict on following them.
Anyone pouring beer is NOT allowed to drink any beer. If you take a sip, you are no longer allowed to serve.
They require at least 1 person to be BASSET certified, and that person must be at the booth the entire time. (Bill and I both are, and are both planning to pour)

There is currently 1 spot open to pour, and 3 complimentary tickets to the event (our plan is to use those for others who may want to pour, but keep the rules above in mind)

I am reusing the google doc form last year.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... _web#gid=0

Anyone wishing to fill the 3rd spot and/or provide beer put it on the list.
Wagz

Re: Midwest Brew Fest - Aug 23rd 2014 - Plainfield IL

Postby cadwallion » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:43 pm

Just to beware, last year they threw me for a loop and said EVERY pourer had to be BASSET certified.

I am going to be attempting this one as Cademon, however it's a grey area whether or not I can do anything while under the licensing process (which by the end of the week all my TTB paperwork will be submit).
cadwallion

Postby forstmeister » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:15 am

I thought they changed the BASSET cert requirement to one per tent since they couldn't find enough certified people to volunteer. It's the village that's imposing all the rules. The first year they could only use plastic sample cups (I hope they changed that). There was an extremely heavy police presence at the event too. The village was very nervous about the event until they got the massive donation check from the organizers after the fact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
forstmeister

Postby Wagz » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:13 am

The 2 big negatives are only 3 Homebrew sample tickets per person, and pouring and drinking not allowed...
Wagz

Return to Events and Gatherings